Sunday 27 September 2009

Google suggest Online Payment with Single Sign On

Google has suggested a micropayment System to the Newspaper Association of America. How is this asecurity issue? They suggest to combine it with a Single Sign On System also operated by Google.
I welcome paid-for Internet content because I believe that advertising As the only Business model for online content endangers the journalistic quality of the articles. The dependency on the advertisers leads to articles written for the advertisers, not for the readers. Also, I hope that flash and popups will become less intrusive if publishers get an additional revenue stream.
The bad news is that Google would know even more about their users, in particular if they operate the micropayment system.
I really would prefer having a small micropayment token connected to my computer that performs Single Sign On and micropayment operations under my control.

No comments:

Post a Comment